A Robot Named Fight (Switch) patch notes
184.108.40.206 (28 June 2019)
- Any Key will now cause the Title Screen to progress when it readys "Press Any Key".
- Titlescreen will no longer read "Press Return" if user is using a joystick and switches to keyboard.
- Fixed crash caused by using the cloaking device in a room with creatures that have the hopper behavior.
- Fixed bug where Lil Zurvan would spawn copies of Search Burst activated item.
- Fixed visual glitch with viridian shell and dive shell combo.
- Fixed several rare issues where boss rooms could be placed without the appropriate gating.
- Fixed issue where "Very High" jump rooms could spawn at the start of underwater paths and cause soft-locks.
- Fixed issue where Dash would briefly return movement controls to normal when used under confusion effect.
- Fixed issue where Teleporters could be placed such that they need items from later areas to access.
- Fixed issue where using Module Transmogrifier to blow up an item dropped by champions would make all future champion items unattainable.
- Fixed issue where certain enemies would trigger room lock down in Forbidden Place.
- BuriedCity1x2Jump01 - fixed out of bounds
- CoolantSewers1x2VeryHighLeft02 - fixed stray tile
- CoolantSewers1x1JumpLeft01 - fixed potential soft-lock with slide
- CoolantSewers1x1JumpLeft01 - fixed floor
- Factory2x2AllExits02 - made jump easier
- Surface2x1DamageBlocks01 - improved camera bounds
- Surface2x1Jump01 - improved camera bounds
- Factory1x2VeryHighDownLeft01 - double-jump sequence break (and potential soft-lock) more difficult to achieve
- Cave2x1Arachnomorph01 - fixed backwards facing Wall Tumor Shooters
- BuriedCity1x2AllExit02 - fixed broken item block in lower right corner
- Cave1x2VeryHighLeft01 - can be escaped if underwater
- Cave1x2VeryHighDownRight01 - can be escaped if underwater
- ArtificeBeam now costs 1 Red, Blue, Green and 0 Gray.
- The placement of bonus items is now effected by expected traversal capabilities. Items like Explorb and Master Map will no longer be placed behind gates that require the "final item", etc.
- Aura Bolt's aura doesn't destroy projectiles.
- New items added to Buluc-Chabtan's item pool.
- New items added to Wadjet-Mikail's item pool.
- Phaserang now lets you fire multiple Phaserangs.
- Phaserang has an initial velocity of 24 opposed to 16.
- Phaserang DPS reduced from 35 to 24.
- Phaserang won't auto deselect unless your energy is lower than the cost to fire a new rang and there are no rangs currently out.
- White Wyrm can target Co-op Players.
- Secret Boss's laser can target Co-op Players.
- Tyr's Horns now applies it's 10% champion spawn bonus before the 1/3 penalty of previously visited rooms is applied.
- Bligthbark attacks faster.
- New Coolant Sewers Deathmatch map.
- All Coolant Sewers Shops have new BG Palette.
- Inactive teleporters provide dim light.
- Input on non-Player 1 controllers brings up "Join Game" prompt.
- Support for up to 3 co-op orbs.
Source: Steam post
220.127.116.11 (24 May 2019)
- Fixed issue where helm sprites wouldn't change until leg sprite changed.
- Upped version number on Mac package.
- Fixed issue with ForestSlums3x1AllExits01 that could cause soft locks in Exterminator mode.
- Added check that prevents player from being locked out of rooms they've already visited in Exterminator mode.
- Fixed issue where flipped mouth babies spawn by killing Mouth Meat Splitters would get stuck or pass through walls.
- Fixed issue with Cave2x1DamageBlocks02 traversal path that made it less likely to spawn.
- Fixed issue where player would float a fraction of a pixel above the ground.
- Fixed minor item in Factory2x1NoDown01.
- Cloaking device works against Wall Smashers.
- Fixed bug where tentacle blocks could harm you if you were above them.
- Fixed bug where fast players could leave the secret boss fight after it finishes, causing a crash.
- Fixed bug where spamming special move button could allow player to reopen shrine window during shrine teleportation effects.
- Fixed bug where getting hurt during a room transtion could put player out of bounds.
- Fixed bug where dying from purchasing an item while equipped with Artifice Helm would fail to give the player the item or achievements associated with it, and cause the shop to soft-lock if the player revisited it after respawning at a revenant station.
- Fixed bug where pongers could get stuck in corners.
- Fixed platform in Glitch1x2AllExits02 that dealth damage to player while standing on it.
- Fixed issue would game would sometimes recognize keyboard input while out of focus.
- Fixed issue where mouse would hide when booting up in windowed mode.
- Several other bugs I forgot to log.
- Siginificantly reduced chance for bouncing projectile to clip through terrain.
New Area! Coolant Sewers
- 2 New Bosses
- 6 New Enemies
- 83 New Rooms
- New Music
- New Achievement To Unlock
- Flesh Cherub
- Bioplasma Tall Walker
- Shelled Shooter
- Eying Tenctacle
- Flesh Seedling
- Web Bolt
- Dive Shell*
- Up Dog*
- Hand of Hephastus
- Zurvan's Pentangle
- Laozi Bolt
- Swell Bolt*
- Bounce Bolt
- Scrap Cache*
- Artifice Beam*
*has an achievement
Other New Achievements
- Laser Beam synergizes with Fire Bolt.
- Prismatic Orb synergizes with Fire Bolt.
- Prismatic Orb synergizes with Big Bolt.
- Decreased time until jump apex from 0.73 to 0.68 seconds.
- Decreased minimum jump height from 0.5 to 0.45 units.
- Increased starting speed from 9.5 to 10 units.
- While phaserang is in the air you can shoot as normal.
- If Revenant Stations are unlocked 2 Revenant Stations Will Always Spawn.
- Glitched Map reveals map tiles in the Forbidden Place.
- Invisible Champions now have a 75% chance to drop a minor item rather than a %100 chance.
- Spore Champions now have a 25% chance to drop a minor item rather than a %50 chance.
- Wall Smashers deal 1 damage rather than 2 damage.
- Buzzsaw Shell Damage increased.
- Health Vorb now only needs 25 gibs to spawn health.
- Energy Vorb now only needs 10 gibs to spawn energy.
- Scrap Vorb now only needs 15 gibs to spawn scrap.
- Player's base projectile speed is now 18 (was 16).
- Beams and Clouds no longer destroy projectiles.
- Polyphemus Lasers do 2 damage instead of 1.
- Polyphemus Projectiles have a speed of 12 instead of 8.
- Vorbs won't target the same gibs.
- ChompFrogs spawn minichompers every 5.5 seconds instead of every 4 seconds, and have a lower limit on their max spawned at once.
- Cave Map, Factory Map, and Buried City Map renamed to Zone 1-3 Maps.
- Redid Electrocharge projectile art and sound.
- Lessened Bass on Projectile Sound.
- Radial Bolts sound lower volume.
- Toxin Bolt and Slime Projectiles have big sprite.
- Paths to shops paths will very rarely environmental barriers (heat, darkness, water).
- Item rooms and shrines can have environmental barriers (heat, darkness, water).
- Non-traversal environmental effects (fog, light-flicker) are now chosen after traversal effects and won't prevent paths to secondary rooms from having said environmental traversal barriers.
- Neighboring rooms have chance to form conncetions.
- Removed a hidey boy in Factory2x2AllExits02.
Patch 4 (26 November 2018)
- Deathmatch now an officially supported game mode (no longer a secret seed).
- Menu to set frag or time limit.
- Item Options: All, Energy Only, or None.
- Menu to add/remove levels from the map rotation.
- The following items are now supported in Deathmatch: Attractor Helm, Shield Orb, Shoot Orb, Tri Orb, AuraBolt, Fragment Shots, Buzz Orb, Health Orb, Regeneration Helm, Buzzsaw Shell, Dash, Viridian Shell, Wave Bomb.
- End game score board that shows frags and deaths.
- Option for starting items decided by slot machine.
- Fixed issues with non 16:9 resolutions.
- Fixed issue where visible weapons wouldn't work sometimes.
- Drastically reduced stutter when player picks up item.
- 2 New Deathmatch Maps.
- Activated Item Button Glyph should match controller player is using.
- Modified Camera behvior to promote better flow from room to room.
New Champion Types!
- Spore Champions - Create damaging acid clouds and explode on contact. Drop loads of scrap or 1 special scrap.
- Blue Champions - Have higher health, improved stats, new projectile patterns. Drop loads of scrap or 1 special scrap.
- Red Champions - Melt when killed and respawn moments later unless destroyed.
- Ghost Champions - Transparent champions that clip through terrain. Drop Glitch Modules.
- Cloaked Champions = Identifiable by a tell-tell shimmer. Drop Various Modules.
- Plasma Champions - Glow with energy unleash a bioplasma nova when hit. Drop Energy Modules.
- Cloaking Device
- Toxin Bolt
- Toxin Pauldrons
- Personal Teleporter
- Deadlock Boots
- Tyr's Horns
- Corrupted Orb
- Mouth Meat Splitter
- Teleporters now spawn in the caves, factory and buried city.
- All menues have headers.
- Added option for numeric health bars.
- More Surface details.
- More Cave details.
- New secret seeds.
- Fixed some issues with text generated for keyboard hints.
- Fixed issue where Buzzsaw Shell could cause maps to generate with absent or inappropriate traversal locks (The "I can go straight to the Buried City from the Caves" issue).
- Fixed several rare issues that could cause the layout to generate with overlapping rooms or incomplete maps in Exterminator Mode.
- Removed stray Phasebolt power up in Factory1x1HiddenDoorRight01
- Jet pack exhaust no longer comes out of a point above arachnomorphed player's head.
- Fixed potential out of bounds in BuriedCity2x3AllExits01
- Fixed issue where bouncing and deflected projectiles would calculate incorrect normals to determine bounce direction
- Projectiles no longer collide with dying projectiles
- Fixed missing minor item in BuriedCity2x3DamageBlocks01
- Fixed bad tiles in BuriedCity4x1DamageBlocks01
- Megabeast bg art no longer appears in the Megabeast Forest Slums Room
- Fixed exploit where arachnomorphed player could easily unmorph and clip through terrain.
- Fixed issue with Necroluminant Spray and Big Bolt
- Fixed minor item block in ForestSlums3x2AllDirections02
- Automap won't show rooms from environments other while in The Forbidden Place.
- More enemies will target K1K1 in Co-op.
- Toxin Cloud deals 5 less damage initially, but deals 5 over time.
- Damage multiplier (used for effects, not projectile damage) from Damage Modules slighlty reduced.
- Player knockback velocity increased to 14 from 12.
- 3 of each archaic scrap now spawn in a run as opposed to 4. This reduces the total number of minor items in a run from 35 to 32.
- Shoot Orbs, Explorb, and Glow Bot no longer deal contact damage to enemies or other players in Deathmatch.
- Energy Axe works when gravity flipped due to Viridian Shell.
- Buzzsaw Shell does more damage, and spin dash damage is now based on velocity.
- Fixed Surface2x1AllExits02.
Source: Steam post
Patch 3 (30 July 2018)
New Area! Forest Slums
- 2 New Bosses
- 6 New Enemies
- 32 New Rooms
- New Music
- New Achievement To Unlock
- Moleman Shooter now found in Buried City.
- Necroluminant Spray (Traversal)*
- Prismatic Orb
- Hive Helm*
- Repair Kit
*has new achievement
- Enemy flamethrowers don't destroy projectiles.
- Fixed issue with palette shader on 32-bit systems.
- Fixed potential out of bounds in BuriedCity1x1AllExits06.
- Fixed potential out of bounds in BuriedCity1x1temRoom02.
- Fixed bad tiles in BuriedCity2x2SmallGap01.
- Fixed bug where end of tentacles would be destroyed until their death completed.
- Fixed issue where title screen would continue to show keyboard hints after using controller.
- Fixed bug where lil' shrines would only provide each of their effects once.
- Fixed runaway creeper in BeastGuts2x2NoDown03.
- Fixed bug where playing a deathmatch game would break single player saves.
- Fixed bug where Repair Kit showed nanoswarm generator sprites in shops.
- Fixed bug where ForestSlums2x2BlightbarkBoss01 was missing platform leading up to top right door.
- Fixed missing tiles in ForestSlums4x1AllExits01.
- Fixed bug where Nanobots, Homing Bolts, and Hunter Killer targeted the space between Wall Smashers.
- Fixed bug where Player Laserbeam wasn on the wrong layer and clipped through shrines.
- Fixed bug where Tall Walkers rapidly changed facing while pause menu is up.
- Fixed bug where Tall Walkers couldn't walk into 3 unit high tunnels.
- Fixed minor bug where Necroluminant Spray would jut in and out during players idle anim.
- Fixed bug where orbs that shoot with player could fire during room transitions.
- Fixed bug where enemies that shoot on a timer could shoot during room transitions.
- Fixed issue where blightbark wasn't dropping pick ups on death.
- Fixed typo in Railgun description.
- Fixed typo in Regeneration helm name.
- Fixed bad tiles in ForestSlums1x1AllExits01.
- Fixed bug where phaseshot couldn't damage the top section of Bligthbark.
- Fixed bug where offering Orphiel 9 scrap + n special scrap would cause an error.
- Fixed bug where Wall Creep slugs could spawn rotated.
- Fixed rare bug where rooms could be placed on top of other rooms.
- Fixed bug in ForestSlums2x2AllExits01 where bottom left door with gate could cause player to clip.
- Fixed non-functioning spikes in BeastGuts2x1AllExits02.
- Fixed bug where pooters could dash at you while Tutorial Smith's dialogue is up.
- Activated items can no longer be used while NPC dialogue window is open, as this could cause a variety of issues.
- Fixed issue where player couldn't spin jump while charging phaserang.
- Fixed bug in Factory1x3DamageBlocks01 where needed damage type for the blocks would go unassigned and could lead to boss skips / soft locks.
- Fixed bug where "more" shows up for Tutorial Smith on a new save file (even though he doesn't have any more to say).
- Fixed issue where closing the other options menu using the Esc key would cause settings to show over the pause screen.
- Fixed missing black backgrounds on settings menus.
- Tons of minichompers have a smaller impact on perfomance.
- Updated to Unity 2018.
- Identical projectile hit sounds won't play on the same frame, creating volume spikes.
- Fixed rudeboys in BuriedCity3x1AllExits01.
- Fixed rudeboy in BuriedCity2x1DamageBlocks02.
- Fixed rudeboy in BuriedCity1x1JumpUp01.
- Fixed rudeboy in Factory1x2SmallGap02.
- Fixed rudeboy in BuriedCity1x1AllExit01.
- Fixed rudeboy in Surface1x2VeryHighNoDown01.
- Phaserang can be charged and thrown at variable distances.
- ScatterGun damage increased.
- Wave Bomb can be thrown in a 4 unit high hall without hitting the ceiling.
- Polyphemus health increased to 330.
- Chance of negative shrine effects reduced from 33% to 20%.
- "Nothing" added to possible random negative shrine effects.
- Stalacterror hp increased from 24 to 28.
- Nanobots deal projectile damage rather than 1/2 projectile damage.
- Lil Shrine bonus stack with diminishing returns.
- Attack modules decrease charge time on Electro Charge by more.
- Reduced damage dealth by Prismatic Orb.
- Polyphemus no longer flips when changing directions. Lasers won't suddely face the opposite direction.
- Necroluminant Spray deals more damage.
- Necroluminant Spray increases light radius while equipped.
- Toxin Cloud deals more damage.
- Game will ignore input while not in focus.
- Achievement and Collection Pages can have multiple pages and show names / descriptions.
- Defined more controller layouts for 3rd party contollers.
- Changed lightining gun effect.
- Health bar glows red when health <= 3.
- Added Other Options Menu with the option to disable Shot Charging. Blood, Flashing Lights and Look Controls have also been moved to this menu.
Patch 2 (9 May 2018)
- Fixed crash at the start of Forbidden Place boss fight (only occurred on Switch production builds).
- Switch Pro Controller DPad can navigate menus now.
- Screenshots enabled.
- Fixed major issue where invalid 25 character seeds could be generated.
- Fixed major issue with projectile damage in.
- Fixed bad tiles in BuriedCity4x1DamageBlocks02.
- Dash and Buzzsaw Shell can no longer trigger switches.
- Changed projectile bounce logic to minimize shots clipping through walls.
- Fixed incorrect minor item location on map in Factory2x2AllExits06.
- Fixed mispelling of "Viridian" Shell on achievement pop up.
- Fixed bug where entering a partial seed on the seed menu could throw an exception.
- The following items can be starting items again: Aura Bolt, Big Bolt, The Thief.
- The following items can't be starting items: Power Pauldrons.
- Fixed rude boy in Factory1x1HiddenDoorLeft01.
- After entering 24 characters on seed screen go is automatically selected.
- Added UI for previous seeds to seed screen.
- Added UI for secret seeds to seed screen.
- Simple font slightly more legible.
- Jordan Taylor added to credits.
- New Patrons added to credits.
Source: Steam post
Patch 1 (19 April 2018)