Battle Chef Brigade (Switch) patch notes
1.0.5 (8 October 2018)
Quality of Life
- Heal Fragile Oven sound volume has been lowered slightly due to it being played frequently when processing Lantern Fruit.
- Music will now play in the Darkrealm for Survival / DC / Free Play /.
- Multiplayer (instead of intentionally playing only ambience as in the Story)
- Added a retry option to the Daily Challenge directly after the leaderboard instead of having to return to the main menu to try again.
- Removed extraneous server-connection gate from Survival mode, which caused a connection check at both the start and end of Survival mode. Now, your connection will only be checked at the end of a run when submitting to the leaderboards.
- Added a label to the starting Survival UI that reports the Arena that you're currently loaded into when picking your loadout.
- Added a Speedrun Mode to Options menu that allows all dialogue to be fast-forwarded by holding down the talk button.
- Verskit will now eat all plants in the Darkrealm.
- Cheepchi spawn area in the Darkrealm has been shrunken slightly so they're not able to select ground below the center platform as a flight destination.
- Stealbirds will now move back and forth under the Darkrealm platform instead of not moving at all.
- Survival mode level progression has been changed slightly so that players spend less time ramping up to more challenging rounds.
- Scoring has been adjusted to match the new difficulty curve.
- Stabby is now more likely to return items to the pantry after failing due to lava walls by reducing run and jump horizontal impulses.
- Player 2 Stabby will now teleport to the correct entrance of the kitchen.
- Stabby will now only start to pick up ingredients when on the ground.
- Increased Caverns’ Gourd spawn rate slightly (90s to 80s).
- Adjusted the Darkrealm Arena room slightly so it's more similar to the Forest's. Should resolve report of camera zoom not transitioning.
- Fixed Thrash facing in Rixal’s post-judging finale scene.
- Fixed a bug where not all Dish data would transfer correctly when combining dishes (i.e. stack a 50+ dish on top of another one), thereby undoing any progress towards Cookware or Focus expertises.
- Fixed a crash in Multiplayer when Chef-to-Chef Damage was set to None.
- Fixed a long-standing bug where if you lost a Daily Cook-off, the AI's winning score would be submitted to leaderboards instead of yours.
- Fixed an issue where P2 could pause but not interact with the pause menu while in the intro sequence for a local multiplayer match.
- Fixed a bug where clock and judge preferences weren’t reinstated in the cases where Free Play match was reset.
- Fixed a data issue where Slimes only spawned twice in the Darkrealm Arena.
- Fixed a bug where Innkeeper's Tin (combo bonus item) would never trigger.
- Fixed a bug where critters would spawn while in the Loadout in Survival, which gives patient players an advantage (more ingredients to work with up front).
- Fixed a bug where Slime would sometimes pinball around the Darkrealm due to chilling in the Gust Launcher.
- Fixed a bug where Consume spread Thrash's body trigger too wide (and into Darkrealm lava).
- Fixed a bug that caused the Brigade Town music to be out of sync when crossfading.
Source: Steam post
1.0.4 (28 August 2018)
New Content - Local Multiplayer!
- Added Local Split-screen Multiplayer!
- Play with a friend, loved one, or eternal rival to prove who the best chef in the house really is.
- Choose your character and loadout with every item in the game available for you to create the perfect multiplayer build.
- Customize every aspect of the match including number of judges, time, key ingredient, map, mutations, and chef vs. chef damage multiplier.
- Custom multiplayer maps let players enter the Arena from their own side of the Kitchen Colosseum.
- Knock out your opponent in the Arena to steal their ingredients.
- Players who lose all their health in the Arena will respawn back in the kitchen.
- The Player with the highest total score from the judges wins the match!
New Character - Ziggy!
Ziggy's mysterious past (or was it future?) remains shrouded in mystery. He's got more than a few tricks up his sleeve. Like most necromancers, he's a bit lazy, often relying on summoned friends to take care of the dirty business.
- Ziggy, the Undead Chef, added as a playable chef in all non-story modes!
- Standing: A fast standing kick combo.
- Down: Breakdancing crouch kick combo because Ziggy's got style.
- While Running Attack: A quick slash attack that leads into his standing combo.
- Up: A Spinning uppercut that moves at a slight diagonal.
- Down Air: The Ziggy Divekick. Patented year unknown.
- Slide: Slide continuously down hills or across ground. Makes Ziggy briefly invincible.
- Magic Skill 1: Magic Bomb throw with randomized rare projectiles.
- Magic Skill 2: Summon Shooty - A demon that shoots homing energy orbs.
- Magic Skill 3: Summon Skelly - A slow sous skeleton that does massive damage.
- Magic Skill 4: Summon Stabby - A goofy imp that'll poke monsters and teleport the ingredients to Ziggy's Pantry.
Ziggy's Combat Upgrades, New Items, and More!
- Super Slide: Keep sliding up hills and slow enemies in the way.
- Big Hitter: Skelly damage and range increase.
- Devouring Abyss: Shooty's energy orb pulls monsters into it before exploding.
- Exploding Imps: Stabby explodes when the summoning magic wears off.
- Flamboyant Grill: Continuously adds combo fuses to a dish's bottom row.
- Quick Clean Pot: Match 2 but only for Poison and Bone.
- Carnivore Master Expertise: Bonus for serving a dish containing no plant ingredients, other than the Theme Ingredient.
- Bony Tongs: Prevents Poison from popping when stirred.
- A Dollop of Ambrosia: 1 Large Promote sauce.
- Added Break the Dishes levels for Ziggy.
New Content - Survival Mode
- Added Survival Mode!
- Start with nothing but your chosen character, Dull Pan, and Cutting Board.
- When you run out of health or time, the run ends.
- Monsters start to mutate as the rounds progress.
- Breakable health pack chests can be found to regenerate much-needed health.
- Each round ends when you satisfy the dish score and ingredient requirements for the round.
- At the end of a round you can choose two out of six randomized upgrades to carry with you for the rest of your run.
- Compare your score to that of the world or your friends on the Survival Mode leaderboards.
New Content - Free Play Mode!
- Added Free Play Mode!
- Battle against any of the NPC chefs in a duel whenever you want.
- Fully customizable match rules and loadouts similar to multiplayer options.
- Hone your chef skills without the pressure of Dailies or live-human opponents.
New Content - Gallery
- Added the Gallery!
- Illustrations are unlocked based on Brigade Rank.
- See concept art, character iterations, and a few gorgeous marketing pieces.
- When you unlock every item in the gallery some players may feel a great sense of accomplishment. Results will vary per player.
Quality of Life Improvements
- Added Color Blind Mode to the options menu.
- Players can now fast-forward through duel intro and outro sequences by holding the continue button.
- Changed the default background of already-purchased shop items to green instead of red so that it doesn't appear that they are unaffordable.
- Sun Hat Tomatoes and Nochi Fruit are easier to knock down.
- Removed the restriction on controller triggers being rebound.
- Fragile gem state is now much clearer.
- Added support for Simplified Chinese.
Daily Cook-Off Improvements
- Now shows the character used in for a Daily Cook-Off entry next to the score on the leaderboard.
- Now shows judges for Daily Cook-Offin pre-gameplay UI.
- Now always draws an Expertise for the Daily Cook-Off and number of items randomly given in Daily Cook-Offs now increased to 6.
- Butcher Expertise no longer appears if the required ingredient is a plant (i.e. only drops one type of ingredient).
- Dull Pan is no longer included in the Daily Cook-Off possibilities, as pulling it meant that you'd only get two containers, which is boring.
- The number of ingredients that spawn from Treasure Chests has been made consistent for the day's challenge.
Thrash Balance and Fixes
- Thrash's Berserk timer can now overfill the bar when Consuming.
- Adjusted Thrash basic slash Interrupts to be a bit earlier.
- Reduced Thrash's Homing Flamebreath initial search area.
- Increased Thrash's base Fireball duration.
- Increased Thrash's attack speed when Berserk.
- Thrash's Counter improvements and FX updates.
- Thrash Berserk FX upgrades.
Balance and Improvements
- Armarock spin duration has been reduced slightly.
- Lupir in the Caverns has a tell before attacking.
- Skylands creatures no longer hit each other.
- Reduced Rixal duel difficulty slightly.
- Bumped up Iceberg Turnip's Water quality.
- Purifying Oven now converts poison and bone to their respective match reward (Poison yields a combo fuse and Bone becomes a Rainbow Gem).
- Bumped Explorer (aka Region) expertise up to Journeyman value from Apprentice.
- Improved Dragon and Big Hydra ingredients so they contain some Supers.
- Changed Hydra Lungs' Fragile modifier to be applied to a Super taste gem.
- Changed Dragon to always spawn 3 ingredients instead of occasionally 4.
- Dragon now does slightly less damage on Hard Mode.
- Reduced Mutated Dragon additional damage.
- Changed tracking of "containers-used" stat such that it only counts if you trigger "the effect" for a container. Now you have to actually trigger a Match 3, or an Oven Promote, or cut out a gem to have that cookware count towards the expertise.
- Balanced the total value of ingredients available at round start across Forest, Skyland, and Caverns.
- Sped up Wart's Spatula since it would take a while for fully-fragile ingredients.
- Feedback for when the dominant taste changes - a ring appears around the Super gems matching the new dominant taste.
- Chopping no longer uses two separate controls and no longer ignores some inputs.
- Slowed down the speed of the Crystallizer Oven considerably.
- Improved logic for culling mid-air entities so that monsters aren't left hanging, literally.
Art and UI
- Added Battle Chef Brigade Deluxe intro video on game start.
- Polished up the Bull's charge dirt/rock particles.
- Updated the recipe poof effect.
- Smoothed gem bobbing curves a little.
- Updated Belchior puzzle user interface.
- Updated input prompt banners and improved positioning per controller type.
- Moved the anchor for objectives when Loadout is open down to center of the screen so that it doesn't obscure the category widgets at the top.
- Promote gems now also trigger "points increased" stars so that it's easier to tell something has changed.
- Fixed a bug where Rixal was invisible in the finale.
- Fixed a bug where soft lock could occur if you completed an ingredient hunt successfully on the same frame that the clock ran out.
- Fixed a reset prompt not appearing in Thrash Campaign Day 5.
- Fixed Armarocks launching into the air randomly meaning the Armarock's spines could be deflected while still attached to its shell.
- Fixed an issue where you could be killed during Weiz's health-regaining death-preventing kiss and forced to respawn. Chefs are now invincible while Weiz is regenerating them.
- Fixed an issue where adding a bone to a container after it had already displayed another, different dish would fail to trigger an update for the complexity widget. As a result the bone would appear as whatever the last dish's value was.
- Fixed a bug where the pick-up widget could appear on top of the Duel judgment UI.
- Fixed a bug where Mina could dash through some characters' talk hitboxes when they were intended to trigger automatically.
- Fixed a bug where saucing a dish with a part from the required entity wouldn't immediately turn the dish's point widget blue.
- Fixed a bug where Non-Steam PC platform scores wouldn't have ranks.
- Fixed the red ‘hurt vignette' around screen edge so that it appears consistently.
- Fixed Thrash's Berserk bar sometimes being out of sync with the number of ingredients absorbed.
- Fixed a bug where you could start stirring gems if the Cook button was mashed while starting to use a cutting board.
- Mina is now invincible during the dialogue after Rixal is caught so she doesn't die from any remaining Yoku whirlwinds.
- Fixed Thrash sometimes being unchallengeable on the Practice Day after deleting saves.
- Fixed NPC sprite facing direction in a variety of challenges.
- Swapped Hazgil and Akebo's order in Day 2B so the "our next judge" line comes at the right time.
- Fixed a bug where Verskit could eat ingredients that should not be collectible.
- Fixed an issue where category widgets in the Panel Loadout wouldn't report "New" state ever (banners were never being updated).
- Fixed issues with Big Hydra spawning and hiding.
- Fixed exit hotkey shown in shop.
- Added at least one Easter Egg :P
Source: Steam post
1.0.2 (3 May 2018)
Forest background update
- Eric traveled through the Forest, updating nearly all aspects of the illustrated arena background.
- Enjoy a quiet moment with the sleeping Dragon in its calming grove.
- Spy the looming Skyland above the clouds.
- Fixed control rebinding issue that prevented slidekick from being used nicely in combos.
- Thrash's Consume radius has been expanded and is more reliable.
- Lantern Fruit now contains two Water gems. Using it for massive points now requires tactical stacking or Fragile-mitigating items like Wart's Spatula.
- Challenge roll-over now syncs properly with the leaderboard roll-over.
- Made chests always spawn the same "random" sauce each day since they introduced RNG into a critical ingredient type.
- Removed consecutive-day bonus item awarding since we never explained it and it was only available for the first battle of that day. Everyone thought it was a bug.
- Removed items that only work with the Combo Pan from the rotation.
- The Judges' Table candles are now lit during Brigade-sanctioned duels.
- Adjusted final boss AI dish targets to be slightly easier to account for the late-campaign chef changes.
- Load times have been improved. Some needless unload/load mismatches have been fixed as well as a few slow memory leaks.
- Fixed an issue where the Loadout panel would allow selection of invisible options.
- Fixed a few Chopping Board-related input issues. Usability improvements will be in the next patch.
- Moved objectives header in slightly so it doesn't appear cut off.
- Now plays a VO clip when adjusting the VO volume in the Options menu.
- Fixed very loud music in Chapter 4 Briefing scenes.
- Added a new Safe Mode config option to help users with graphical issues.
Source: official website
1.0.1 (17 January 2018)
- Add option to Reset to the pause menu during duels.
- Allow gems in Restaurant mode customer requests to animate for better colorblind accessibility.
- Don't cull items that aren't physics-sleeping (would result in ingredients suspending in air off-screen until the player moved close to the items again).
- Make Leave Job and Leave Practice Kitchen button consistent.
- Don't respawn Thrash if he dies in the Yoku hunt. Prompt the player to retry immediately.
Display and UI
- Fix monster tint issue when off-screen as fire/cold wears off.
- Outline player chef names in judgment screen so that they're more legible.
- Improve presentation of Challenge mode UI flow.
- Improve presentation of Shop UI flow.
- Fix credits failing to layout properly if Options menu was viewed from in-game first.
- Move Combat Voiceover to the SFX volume control.
- Disallow Customer VO playing over Dialogue VO.
- Fix Cutting Board FX not playing on the correct taste gem.
- Fix looping Berserk SFX in Chapter 4 if the Fast-Recharge item was equipped.
- Fix music not playing during some load screens.
- Increase initial difficulty of Hard Mode AI in Duels.
- Fix some issues with AI dish creation that could result in difficulty spikes in special duels, especially Fork and Shiv during C-Squad.
- Remove single-judge Daily Cook-Offs.
- Fix soft-lock going into Daily Cook-Off by mashing A and B at the same time.
- Fix leaderboard to show the day you submitted a score for, even if you played across in-game "midnight".
- Update leaderboard prompt to reconnect more accurately based on whether server connection is available.
- Fix issue where Daily Cook-off pre-game screen could show 1970 as current date if connection was established before picking player character, but then lost again before preceding to pre-game screen.
- Increase points required for Daily Cook-Off rankups.
- Add Trash Can to Practice Kitchen so that table crowding doesn't force the player to leave.
- Fix soft-lock that could occur if you stepped away from a merging dish and then tried to pick it up.
- Fix soft-lock that could occur if a match occurred while a dish was being destroyed in a Belchior puzzle.
- Fix rare crash in Chapter 3 during cooking.
- Various typo fixes in dialogue.
- Various small localization fixes.
- Fix issue where player could pause while loading into Hunter's Guild, which could result in a fully black screen until the user pressed Plus again.
- Fix bug where you could fail to progress through "buy an item" objective if the item was sold back.
- Fix bugs related to challenging while jumping away from competitor.
- Fix gameplay failing to pause if the user navigated to the home menu.
- Fix rank up screen in post Daily Cook-Off flow infinitely looping if the user was max rank.
Source: official website