Battle Chef Brigade (Switch) patch notes
1.0.6 (28 February 2019)
We haven't posted any since the only real change was to enable Chinese localization. We had to update the game engine to do that and the physical release. Everything should be identical, otherwise.
Source: Twitter post
1.0.5 (8 October 2018)
Quality of Life
- Heal Fragile Oven sound volume has been lowered slightly due to it being played frequently when processing Lantern Fruit.
- Music will now play in the Darkrealm for Survival / DC / Free Play /.
- Multiplayer (instead of intentionally playing only ambience as in the Story)
- Added a retry option to the Daily Challenge directly after the leaderboard instead of having to return to the main menu to try again.
- Removed extraneous server-connection gate from Survival mode, which caused a connection check at both the start and end of Survival mode. Now, your connection will only be checked at the end of a run when submitting to the leaderboards.
- Added a label to the starting Survival UI that reports the Arena that you're currently loaded into when picking your loadout.
- Added a Speedrun Mode to Options menu that allows all dialogue to be fast-forwarded by holding down the talk button.
- Verskit will now eat all plants in the Darkrealm.
- Cheepchi spawn area in the Darkrealm has been shrunken slightly so they're not able to select ground below the center platform as a flight destination.
- Stealbirds will now move back and forth under the Darkrealm platform instead of not moving at all.
- Survival mode level progression has been changed slightly so that players spend less time ramping up to more challenging rounds.
- Scoring has been adjusted to match the new difficulty curve.
- Stabby is now more likely to return items to the pantry after failing due to lava walls by reducing run and jump horizontal impulses.
- Player 2 Stabby will now teleport to the correct entrance of the kitchen.
- Stabby will now only start to pick up ingredients when on the ground.
- Increased Caverns’ Gourd spawn rate slightly (90s to 80s).
- Adjusted the Darkrealm Arena room slightly so it's more similar to the Forest's. Should resolve report of camera zoom not transitioning.
- Fixed Thrash facing in Rixal’s post-judging finale scene.
- Fixed a bug where not all Dish data would transfer correctly when combining dishes (i.e. stack a 50+ dish on top of another one), thereby undoing any progress towards Cookware or Focus expertises.
- Fixed a crash in Multiplayer when Chef-to-Chef Damage was set to None.
- Fixed a long-standing bug where if you lost a Daily Cook-off, the AI's winning score would be submitted to leaderboards instead of yours.
- Fixed an issue where P2 could pause but not interact with the pause menu while in the intro sequence for a local multiplayer match.
- Fixed a bug where clock and judge preferences weren’t reinstated in the cases where Free Play match was reset.
- Fixed a data issue where Slimes only spawned twice in the Darkrealm Arena.
- Fixed a bug where Innkeeper's Tin (combo bonus item) would never trigger.
- Fixed a bug where critters would spawn while in the Loadout in Survival, which gives patient players an advantage (more ingredients to work with up front).
- Fixed a bug where Slime would sometimes pinball around the Darkrealm due to chilling in the Gust Launcher.
- Fixed a bug where Consume spread Thrash's body trigger too wide (and into Darkrealm lava).
- Fixed a bug that caused the Brigade Town music to be out of sync when crossfading.
Source: Steam post
1.0.4 (28 August 2018)
New Content - Local Multiplayer!
- Added Local Split-screen Multiplayer!
- Play with a friend, loved one, or eternal rival to prove who the best chef in the house really is.
- Choose your character and loadout with every item in the game available for you to create the perfect multiplayer build.
- Customize every aspect of the match including number of judges, time, key ingredient, map, mutations, and chef vs. chef damage multiplier.
- Custom multiplayer maps let players enter the Arena from their own side of the Kitchen Colosseum.
- Knock out your opponent in the Arena to steal their ingredients.
- Players who lose all their health in the Arena will respawn back in the kitchen.
- The Player with the highest total score from the judges wins the match!
New Character - Ziggy!
Ziggy's mysterious past (or was it future?) remains shrouded in mystery. He's got more than a few tricks up his sleeve. Like most necromancers, he's a bit lazy, often relying on summoned friends to take care of the dirty business.
- Ziggy, the Undead Chef, added as a playable chef in all non-story modes!
- Standing: A fast standing kick combo.
- Down: Breakdancing crouch kick combo because Ziggy's got style.
- While Running Attack: A quick slash attack that leads into his standing combo.
- Up: A Spinning uppercut that moves at a slight diagonal.
- Down Air: The Ziggy Divekick. Patented year unknown.
- Slide: Slide continuously down hills or across ground. Makes Ziggy briefly invincible.
- Magic Skill 1: Magic Bomb throw with randomized rare projectiles.
- Magic Skill 2: Summon Shooty - A demon that shoots homing energy orbs.
- Magic Skill 3: Summon Skelly - A slow sous skeleton that does massive damage.
- Magic Skill 4: Summon Stabby - A goofy imp that'll poke monsters and teleport the ingredients to Ziggy's Pantry.
Ziggy's Combat Upgrades, New Items, and More!
- Super Slide: Keep sliding up hills and slow enemies in the way.
- Big Hitter: Skelly damage and range increase.
- Devouring Abyss: Shooty's energy orb pulls monsters into it before exploding.
- Exploding Imps: Stabby explodes when the summoning magic wears off.
- Flamboyant Grill: Continuously adds combo fuses to a dish's bottom row.
- Quick Clean Pot: Match 2 but only for Poison and Bone.
- Carnivore Master Expertise: Bonus for serving a dish containing no plant ingredients, other than the Theme Ingredient.
- Bony Tongs: Prevents Poison from popping when stirred.
- A Dollop of Ambrosia: 1 Large Promote sauce.
- Added Break the Dishes levels for Ziggy.
New Content - Survival Mode
- Added Survival Mode!
- Start with nothing but your chosen character, Dull Pan, and Cutting Board.
- When you run out of health or time, the run ends.
- Monsters start to mutate as the rounds progress.
- Breakable health pack chests can be found to regenerate much-needed health.
- Each round ends when you satisfy the dish score and ingredient requirements for the round.
- At the end of a round you can choose two out of six randomized upgrades to carry with you for the rest of your run.
- Compare your score to that of the world or your friends on the Survival Mode leaderboards.
New Content - Free Play Mode!
- Added Free Play Mode!
- Battle against any of the NPC chefs in a duel whenever you want.
- Fully customizable match rules and loadouts similar to multiplayer options.
- Hone your chef skills without the pressure of Dailies or live-human opponents.
New Content - Gallery
- Added the Gallery!
- Illustrations are unlocked based on Brigade Rank.
- See concept art, character iterations, and a few gorgeous marketing pieces.
- When you unlock every item in the gallery some players may feel a great sense of accomplishment. Results will vary per player.
Quality of Life Improvements
- Added Color Blind Mode to the options menu.
- Players can now fast-forward through duel intro and outro sequences by holding the continue button.
- Changed the default background of already-purchased shop items to green instead of red so that it doesn't appear that they are unaffordable.
- Sun Hat Tomatoes and Nochi Fruit are easier to knock down.
- Removed the restriction on controller triggers being rebound.
- Fragile gem state is now much clearer.
- Added support for Simplified Chinese.
Daily Cook-Off Improvements
- Now shows the character used in for a Daily Cook-Off entry next to the score on the leaderboard.
- Now shows judges for Daily Cook-Offin pre-gameplay UI.
- Now always draws an Expertise for the Daily Cook-Off and number of items randomly given in Daily Cook-Offs now increased to 6.
- Butcher Expertise no longer appears if the required ingredient is a plant (i.e. only drops one type of ingredient).
- Dull Pan is no longer included in the Daily Cook-Off possibilities, as pulling it meant that you'd only get two containers, which is boring.
- The number of ingredients that spawn from Treasure Chests has been made consistent for the day's challenge.
Thrash Balance and Fixes
- Thrash's Berserk timer can now overfill the bar when Consuming.
- Adjusted Thrash basic slash Interrupts to be a bit earlier.
- Reduced Thrash's Homing Flamebreath initial search area.
- Increased Thrash's base Fireball duration.
- Increased Thrash's attack speed when Berserk.
- Thrash's Counter improvements and FX updates.
- Thrash Berserk FX upgrades.
Balance and Improvements
- Armarock spin duration has been reduced slightly.
- Lupir in the Caverns has a tell before attacking.
- Skylands creatures no longer hit each other.
- Reduced Rixal duel difficulty slightly.
- Bumped up Iceberg Turnip's Water quality.
- Purifying Oven now converts poison and bone to their respective match reward (Poison yields a combo fuse and Bone becomes a Rainbow Gem).
- Bumped Explorer (aka Region) expertise up to Journeyman value from Apprentice.
- Improved Dragon and Big Hydra ingredients so they contain some Supers.
- Changed Hydra Lungs' Fragile modifier to be applied to a Super taste gem.
- Changed Dragon to always spawn 3 ingredients instead of occasionally 4.
- Dragon now does slightly less damage on Hard Mode.
- Reduced Mutated Dragon additional damage.
- Changed tracking of "containers-used" stat such that it only counts if you trigger "the effect" for a container. Now you have to actually trigger a Match 3, or an Oven Promote, or cut out a gem to have that cookware count towards the expertise.
- Balanced the total value of ingredients available at round start across Forest, Skyland, and Caverns.
- Sped up Wart's Spatula since it would take a while for fully-fragile ingredients.
- Feedback for when the dominant taste changes - a ring appears around the Super gems matching the new dominant taste.
- Chopping no longer uses two separate controls and no longer ignores some inputs.
- Slowed down the speed of the Crystallizer Oven considerably.
- Improved logic for culling mid-air entities so that monsters aren't left hanging, literally.
Art and UI
- Added Battle Chef Brigade Deluxe intro video on game start.
- Polished up the Bull's charge dirt/rock particles.
- Updated the recipe poof effect.
- Smoothed gem bobbing curves a little.
- Updated Belchior puzzle user interface.
- Updated input prompt banners and improved positioning per controller type.
- Moved the anchor for objectives when Loadout is open down to center of the screen so that it doesn't obscure the category widgets at the top.
- Promote gems now also trigger "points increased" stars so that it's easier to tell something has changed.
- Fixed a bug where Rixal was invisible in the finale.
- Fixed a bug where soft lock could occur if you completed an ingredient hunt successfully on the same frame that the clock ran out.
- Fixed a reset prompt not appearing in Thrash Campaign Day 5.
- Fixed Armarocks launching into the air randomly meaning the Armarock's spines could be deflected while still attached to its shell.
- Fixed an issue where you could be killed during Weiz's health-regaining death-preventing kiss and forced to respawn. Chefs are now invincible while Weiz is regenerating them.
- Fixed an issue where adding a bone to a container after it had already displayed another, different dish would fail to trigger an update for the complexity widget. As a result the bone would appear as whatever the last dish's value was.
- Fixed a bug where the pick-up widget could appear on top of the Duel judgment UI.
- Fixed a bug where Mina could dash through some characters' talk hitboxes when they were intended to trigger automatically.
- Fixed a bug where saucing a dish with a part from the required entity wouldn't immediately turn the dish's point widget blue.
- Fixed a bug where Non-Steam PC platform scores wouldn't have ranks.
- Fixed the red ‘hurt vignette' around screen edge so that it appears consistently.
- Fixed Thrash's Berserk bar sometimes being out of sync with the number of ingredients absorbed.
- Fixed a bug where you could start stirring gems if the Cook button was mashed while starting to use a cutting board.
- Mina is now invincible during the dialogue after Rixal is caught so she doesn't die from any remaining Yoku whirlwinds.
- Fixed Thrash sometimes being unchallengeable on the Practice Day after deleting saves.
- Fixed NPC sprite facing direction in a variety of challenges.
- Swapped Hazgil and Akebo's order in Day 2B so the "our next judge" line comes at the right time.
- Fixed a bug where Verskit could eat ingredients that should not be collectible.
- Fixed an issue where category widgets in the Panel Loadout wouldn't report "New" state ever (banners were never being updated).
- Fixed issues with Big Hydra spawning and hiding.
- Fixed exit hotkey shown in shop.
- Added at least one Easter Egg :P
Source: Steam post
1.0.2 (3 May 2018)
Forest background update
- Eric traveled through the Forest, updating nearly all aspects of the illustrated arena background.
- Enjoy a quiet moment with the sleeping Dragon in its calming grove.
- Spy the looming Skyland above the clouds.
- Fixed control rebinding issue that prevented slidekick from being used nicely in combos.
- Thrash's Consume radius has been expanded and is more reliable.
- Lantern Fruit now contains two Water gems. Using it for massive points now requires tactical stacking or Fragile-mitigating items like Wart's Spatula.
- Challenge roll-over now syncs properly with the leaderboard roll-over.
- Made chests always spawn the same "random" sauce each day since they introduced RNG into a critical ingredient type.
- Removed consecutive-day bonus item awarding since we never explained it and it was only available for the first battle of that day. Everyone thought it was a bug.
- Removed items that only work with the Combo Pan from the rotation.
- The Judges' Table candles are now lit during Brigade-sanctioned duels.
- Adjusted final boss AI dish targets to be slightly easier to account for the late-campaign chef changes.
- Load times have been improved. Some needless unload/load mismatches have been fixed as well as a few slow memory leaks.
- Fixed an issue where the Loadout panel would allow selection of invisible options.
- Fixed a few Chopping Board-related input issues. Usability improvements will be in the next patch.
- Moved objectives header in slightly so it doesn't appear cut off.
- Now plays a VO clip when adjusting the VO volume in the Options menu.
- Fixed very loud music in Chapter 4 Briefing scenes.
- Added a new Safe Mode config option to help users with graphical issues.
Source: official website
1.0.1 (17 January 2018)
- Add option to Reset to the pause menu during duels.
- Allow gems in Restaurant mode customer requests to animate for better colorblind accessibility.
- Don't cull items that aren't physics-sleeping (would result in ingredients suspending in air off-screen until the player moved close to the items again).
- Make Leave Job and Leave Practice Kitchen button consistent.
- Don't respawn Thrash if he dies in the Yoku hunt. Prompt the player to retry immediately.
Display and UI
- Fix monster tint issue when off-screen as fire/cold wears off.
- Outline player chef names in judgment screen so that they're more legible.
- Improve presentation of Challenge mode UI flow.
- Improve presentation of Shop UI flow.
- Fix credits failing to layout properly if Options menu was viewed from in-game first.
- Move Combat Voiceover to the SFX volume control.
- Disallow Customer VO playing over Dialogue VO.
- Fix Cutting Board FX not playing on the correct taste gem.
- Fix looping Berserk SFX in Chapter 4 if the Fast-Recharge item was equipped.
- Fix music not playing during some load screens.
- Increase initial difficulty of Hard Mode AI in Duels.
- Fix some issues with AI dish creation that could result in difficulty spikes in special duels, especially Fork and Shiv during C-Squad.
- Remove single-judge Daily Cook-Offs.
- Fix soft-lock going into Daily Cook-Off by mashing A and B at the same time.
- Fix leaderboard to show the day you submitted a score for, even if you played across in-game "midnight".
- Update leaderboard prompt to reconnect more accurately based on whether server connection is available.
- Fix issue where Daily Cook-off pre-game screen could show 1970 as current date if connection was established before picking player character, but then lost again before preceding to pre-game screen.
- Increase points required for Daily Cook-Off rankups.
- Add Trash Can to Practice Kitchen so that table crowding doesn't force the player to leave.
- Fix soft-lock that could occur if you stepped away from a merging dish and then tried to pick it up.
- Fix soft-lock that could occur if a match occurred while a dish was being destroyed in a Belchior puzzle.
- Fix rare crash in Chapter 3 during cooking.
- Various typo fixes in dialogue.
- Various small localization fixes.
- Fix issue where player could pause while loading into Hunter's Guild, which could result in a fully black screen until the user pressed Plus again.
- Fix bug where you could fail to progress through "buy an item" objective if the item was sold back.
- Fix bugs related to challenging while jumping away from competitor.
- Fix gameplay failing to pause if the user navigated to the home menu.
- Fix rank up screen in post Daily Cook-Off flow infinitely looping if the user was max rank.
Source: official website