Double Cross (Switch) patch notes
1.3.0 (Europe), 1.4 (USA) (27 May 2019)
- The difficulty of some minigames in Funky’s Arcadium has been slightly reduced.
- In "Pillar Panic" the gaps are wider in the first four pillars.
- In "Bowhemoth" the timer has been increased by 30 seconds, some moving platforms move slower, and platforms you jump blindly into are now stationary.
- In "Search and Destroy" there are a couple more targets and the ball-killers now move slower.
Combat and Movement
- Large enemies can now be slightly pushed to avoid collision issues.
- The music that plays during several dialogue scenes in RIFT Headquarters has been changed to the HQ’s default tune.
- The Sassy Crate’s description is now updated upon showing it the password.
- The last of Sorgina DeLabourde’s descriptions is unlocked at the right time.
- The shrinking goo’s description now properly refers to rubbing it on your skin, instead of ingesting it.
- Some of the Fun settings —AAAA, Kawaii, and Kaiju— now have some small, fun, and useless effects in the game.
- The version number now shows up in the main menu as well.
Source: Steam post
1.2.0 (28 February 2019 (USA), 4 April 2019 (Europe))
Combat and Movement
- We adjusted combat inputs to make performing more advanced moves easier.
- We made Zahra's wall jump a bit more forgiving.
- Combat damage is now better communicated by having characters flash red when hurt.
- We reduced how much Zahra can push enemies by walking into them.
- We added "ghost upgradium", which lets you see the locations of upgradium crystals you have already obtained.
- Playing the Funky's Arcadium level while having the "Toughen Up" upgrade equipped no longer breaks the game at the end of minigames.
- We fixed a location in the Goo Grotto where Zahra could fall through the ground and lock the game if falling from very high.
- Using the Double Jump upgrade in the Firebrand Factory will no longer break the camera or certain monster closets.
- Falling out of the caravan during the last second before an explosion in Bonecrackle Canyon no longer respawns you surrounded by invisible walls.
- We fixed a spawn point in Bonecrackle Canyon where players could get stuck inside a truck upon respawning.
- We fixed a bug with the camera at the beginning of Kaneda Boulevard.
- We added visual guides to the moving platforms in the Bowhemoth in Funky's Arcadium.
- We fixed some camera jitter in RIFT HQ.
- We simplified the final challenge before the boss fight in Gootopia, and removed the jitter that was happening in it.
- We adjusted the beginning of the Funderdome boss fight so that players can't get pushed into the floor.
- We fixed an issue where the Hanchobot's hands would not explode properly.
- We added a new intro to the final boss fight, which includes a terminal that lets you change upgrades if you die during the fight.
- We added a better telegraph to one of the final boss's attacks.
- Quitting to the main menu from RIFT HQ after completing a level no longer unlocks that level's "Speed Demon" commendation.
- The Gootopia boss now properly gives you the "Nice Shot" commendation if defeated with a Fireball.
- We fixed an issue where the Quit button was not appearing. Everyone should be able to close the game without hitting Alt+F4 now.
- We also fixed an issue where the Permanent upgrades were showing instructions for Switch. Sorry for the confusion!
- Changing options on the main menu will no longer mute all the sound effects in the game until you have paused and unpaused.
- We added a button to access the Manual on the pause menu.
- The second line in Suspect X's full description, with the information about the three worlds they've visited, is now unlocked when you actually get that information, and not earlier.
- The last line unlocked in the long descriptions of the profiles used to appear without line spacing from the previous one. This is no longer an issue.
- Replaying boss levels no longer shows red exclamation marks on Case Log items you unlocked the first time.
- We added an option to skip dialogue by pressing Escape (or Start, on most controllers) while watching dialogue in levels you've already beaten.
- "Give item" is now properly localized when showing clues to NPCs.
- Changed the game's default language from French to English.
- Some typos have been fixed in English and Spanish. Feel free to let us know of any typos you find in your language, which we might not be as fluent at!
- The conversation between Zahra and Skip after beating the first level is no longer missing if you're playing in Spanish.
- We adjusted the goo shader to properly reflect intended visuals.
- We fixed an issue where Sprout would look really aliased after being shown certain clue.
- We raised the overall volume of the game.
- We added a combat tutorial pop-up to the training level.
1.1.0 (10 January 2019 (Europe), 11 January 2019 (USA))
- General performance fixes.
- Updated the Lighting system.
- Updated the main menu design to focus more on the characters.
- Bug fixes to localization errors and text sizings.
- Updated the World Select menu for better usability.
- Added additional portraits for various characters.
- Fixed an issue where goo could block the player from activating a switch.
- Updated the game icon.
Source: Twitter post