Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) patch notes
Source: official website
1.7.0 (19 September 2018)
- Now compatible with Toy-Con Car in Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 03: Vehicle Kit.
- You can select which Toy-Con to use from "Toy-Con" settings in the main menu.
- Now compatible with the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app.
- If the application is running on your device when you enter an online match, you will automatically receive a prompt on your smartphone asking if you would like to join a voice chat with your opponent.
- Worldwide, Regional, Friends, and Tournaments allow you to use this function.
1.6.0 (20 July 2018)
- New character added: Link (Champion's Tunic).
- New vehicle added: Master Cycle Zero.
- New tires added: Ancient Tires.
- New glider added: Paraglider.
- Update includes revisions to improve gameplay, as well as some content not listed here.
1.5.0 (26 June 2018)
- Now supports the use of the Toy-Con Motorbike from Nintendo LABO Toy-Con 01 VARIETY KIT.
- You can now set whether or not to use the Toy-Con Motorbike from the Toy-Con settings in the top menu.
- At the screen right before the game begins, please set the Joy-Con inside the Toy-Con Motorbike.
- When using the Toy-Con Motorbike, the camera will look over the character's shoulder, increasing immersion.
- Press the downward directional button to play with normal view again.
- Addressed an issue where, after setting up a tournament, the "Search by code" feature would stop functioning.
- Addressed an issue that made it impossible for a player to proceed after colliding with a Star Thwomp.
- The latest update data is needed to play matches online.
- Once you have downloaded the latest update data, you will no longer be able to play "Local Wireless" and "LAN Play" matches with other players who have not downloaded this data.
1.4.0 (13 December 2017)
- Language support for Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Korean has now been implemented.
- You can change languages in Settings on your console.
- An issue has been resolved that prevented background music from playing after you reach the finish line.
- When you download update data (Ver.1.4.0), you will no longer be able to engage in local play or LAN play with those still using Version 1.2.1 or earlier.
1.3.0 (19 October 2017)
- Video capture compatibility added. Hold the Capture Button to capture up to 30 seconds of the previous footage.
- The system must be updated to Ver 4.0.0 or higher to use this feature.
- Now more difficult to float down using the glider when Smart Steering is ON.
- Blue Shells no longer hit the second place player when the first place player hasn't yet crossed the finish line.
- Extended the invulnerability period after spinning out or crashing.
- Changes made to Online Play prior to Ver.1.2.1 now apply to Wireless Play and LAN Play as well:
- When further back in a race, will receive better items to help catch up to other players.
- No more than one Piranha Plant will appear at a time.
- Updating to Ver 1.3.0 will prevent users from Wireless Play or LAN Play with users on Ver.1.2.1 or lower.
1.2.1 (9 August 2017)
- Corrected an issue that prolonged the time to return to the lobby after races near the start and end times of online tournaments.
1.2.0 (28 June 2017)
- Players can use Pikmin-themed amiibo to unlock a Pikmin Suit for the Mii driver.
- Race rules and course name are now displayed on loading screens for online and wireless play, as well as Mario Kart TV.
- Players who are behind in online matches will receive items geared toward catching up more frequently.
- In online matches, no more than two Piranha Plants will be granted as items at the same time.
- Controls are no longer unresponsive when the timer runs out when choosing a Mii racing suit for online matches.
- When a player uses an item right after the Super Horn in online matches, that item will now remain available for other players.
- Item wheel no longer spins continuously in online matches.
- Online matches now end as intended 30 seconds after the first place racer finishes.
- The Boomerang now returns to the first slot, if possible, after a player catches it.
- Items shown in a player's item slots now display correctly when holding an item behind them.
- No longer possible to use an item after it has been used to block an attack.
- Communication errors no longer occur frequently while spectating or after spectating online matches.
1.1.0 (17 May 2017)
- Opponents' names are displayed in the rear view mirror view in online matches.
- Invincibility period after a spin-out or crash is longer in online matches.
- Up to two players can spectate a friend group while they wait to join.
- "Worldwide" and "Regional" modes add players to Mirror and 200cc matches less often.
- Can now properly create a friend lobby when you have 100 or more friends.
- Inkling Girl's animation has been adjusted.
- Starting positions in online races now properly reflect the order in which players join.
- Driver Mii characters now properly showing facial expressions.
- Tournament clock now properly reflects real-world time.