Runner3 (Switch) patch notes
1.2.0 (13 November 2018)
Extensive Difficulty Options and new Difficulty Defaults!
You can now tailor your Runner3 experience to match your preferred difficulty in very direct ways, specifically...
- Enemy Density
- Adjusting this setting removes (or even adds) enemies/obstacles.
- "More" is the default, and is the original game's setting.
- More Checkpoints
- This setting adds more than the traditional single checkpoint.
- "On" is the new default.
- Stair Assist
- This setting adds flippers that help pop your character up tricky stair sequences.
- "Off" is the default.
- Bonk Counter
- This setting enables/disables the Bonk Counter both in-game, and on the level end screen.
- "Off" is the new default.
- Gold Bars
- This setting allows you to turn off all gold bars, if you find them distracting.
- "On" is the default.
- This setting allows you to turn off all gems, if you find them distracting.
- "On" is the default.
A few of our hardcore fans requested the ability to bonk oneself, which can come in handy when going for a perfect, if you miss a gold or gem.
Just press in on both analog sticks and hold them down for 4 beats. Then whammo!
In reviewing our leaderboards and competing with our fans, we realized two very lame bugs were gimping everyone's scores! So we fixed those, and also made some tweaks based on peoples' Difficulty Settings...
- We adjust the base score multiplier depending on the settings used in the new Difficulty Options. Basically, a harder configuration gives more points, and easier configurations give fewer.
- Fixed a bug where skipping the main checkpoint didn't actually award bonus points like it's supposed to.
- Fixed a bug in the point value of gold bars and gems, which made them worth way less than they should have been.
We've also fixed a bunch of bugs, etc. The most noteworthy of them are as follows...
- Added input buffering to mitigate input lag when playing with various wireless controllers on various platforms.
- Made all character moves available from the start of the game--no more having to unlock them in order!
- Made the jump and avoid enemies/obstacles more forgiving.
- Added more on-screen communication regarding the Impossible Levels, the Retro Levels, and the overall difficulty of the game.
- Added a "break" sound effect to kickwalls in addition to their musical tone.
- Fixed a few out-of-world bugs.
Source: official website
1.0.1 (18 June 2018)
It has all sorts of bug fixes and improvements, including a fix to the issue of the first Retro Challenge crashing for some folks!
Source: Twitter post