Slay the Spire (Switch) patch notes
2.0.3 (23 March 2020)
1.1 (13 December 2019)
- Berserk card buffed. Self Vulnerable 3 -> 2.
- Blood Potion buffed to heal 10% -> 25%.
- Bottled Flame no longer appears if all of your Attacks are starter cards.
- Bottled Lightning no longer appears if all of your Skills are starter cards.
- Heel Hook+ card buffed. 7 -> 8 damage.
- Bullseye card buffed. Lock-On 1 -> 2.
- Bullseye+ card buffed. Damage 10 -> 11.
- Colosseum event now appears only at the top half of Act 2.
- You no longer run into The Cleric or Beggar events if you do not have enough gold.
UI and Effects
Many quality of life changes such as a larger potions menu, a long-press End Turn option, sorting options for your deck, improved rendering for tips, and a condensed top panel have been added.
- Patch Notes screen is back.
- Touchscreen Mode can now be enabled in the Input Settings (at the bottom).
- End Turn button can now utilize long-press confirmations for controllers and keyboard (not mouse). Turn on/off in Game Settings.
- Improved trackpad support for laptops.
- Potion menu is way bigger now (easier to click on for mouse/touchscreen).
- Top panel's floor number indicator is now an icon + number.
- Top panel gold icon, health icon, potion slots, and modifiers now scale up when hovered.
- Top panel elements gets their spacing updated.
- Adding a right stick button asset when highlighting volume sliders via controller.
- Ascension description tips are now numbered in English.
- Ascension level is now an icon + number in the top panel (gold when max level).
- Black screen when viewing a grid of cards (such as removing a card from deck) is now darker (50% -> 70% opacity).
- Boss node on map now has a hover reticle when using controller.
- Campfire sleep VFX is now slightly darker.
- Cards with glowing effects now have a border that appears instantly along with the VFX.
- Cleaning up the tick asset used on various checkboxes and dropdowns.
- Combat reward screen's items now get a reticle when hovered/highlighted. Much more noticeable.
- Completion percentages in save slot view do not show tenths place if 0% or 100% now.
- Confirm buttons now place the controller prompt icon dynamically, preventing text overlap.
- Credits screen can now be scrolled up/down using controller.
- Custom Mode screen's modifiers are now more obviously hovered/highlighted.
- Defect gets a glow-version asset at Rest Site like Ironclad/Silent.
- Disabling particle effects now disables the particles which appear upon applying buffs/debuffs.
- Fixing some grammar and typos in Potion popup text.
- Game and Input Settings tabs get larger hitboxes.
- Game Saved VFX now appears below the top panel if more than 3 game modifiers are enabled.
- Grand Finale card is now 0.3s faster in Fast Mode.
- Highlight box now resizes so text isn't blocked when highlighting view upgrade option in Card Library.
- Highlighted cards in RunHistoryScreen are now more obvious when using controllers.
- Letterboxing for unsupported aspect ratios no longer have a 1px gap.
- Line spacing in Menu Panel headers reduced by 15%.
- Lose HP action is now much faster in Fast Mode.
- No Run Histories found text is now centered and has improved line spacing.
- Offering card is now faster in Fast Mode.
- Options in Custom Mode screen are now more obviously highlighted.
- Plated Armor power description is more accurate now.
- Removed the 'Build:' text on version number as it's unnecessary.
- Rich Presence now contains Ascension level (unless 0).
- Seek card now organizes cards by rarity and alphabetically.
- Silent's starting Strikes are put before Defends (to be consistent with other characters)
- Sort button's highlight UI when using controllers are now dynamically sized based on text length.
- Static Discharge card now clarifies that it triggers when you receive unblocked attack damage.
- Text in Game Preferences settings now aligns better with checkboxes.
- Tips for boss relics are now offset so they can no longer cover a relic when hovered/highlighted using controller.
- Tips for potions now show up when hovered in Reward screens and Shops (not just in the Potion panel after acquisition).
- Vampires and Council of Ghosts events now show how much Max HP is lost (rather than showing %)
- Well-Laid Plans card plays slightly faster now.
- When hovering various tips in the Game Settings, they're now rendered on the left side instead of at cursor position.
- When previewing card for upgrade via controller, the upgrade result is now hovered, no longer obscuring your view.
- When viewing your deck, you can now sort it by obtained order, alphabetical, rarity, and cost.
- With controllers, end turn now disables cards from being hovered, so cards don't obscure enemies.
A lot of work was done to improve boot time, rendering performance, and to find and fix memory leaks which led to crashes when playing for extended periods of time.
- Card UI elements now utilize a texture atlas (uses less VRAM and improves performance)
- Compressed lots of images.
- Fixed memory leaks in several monsters, events, ui, and other objects.
- Flame Particles and Lightning Orb VFX assets are now pre-loaded.
- Font generators are now cached better, improving load time and reducing memory usage.
- Hexaghost and Lagavulin enemies now pre-cache music so there's no lag when music starts mid-combat.
- Improving render performance of several UI, VFX, and Fonts.
- Merged 3 identical fonts, reducing memory usage and improving load up time.
- Removed dual initialization of several assets.
- Removed a lot of unused assets.
- Many VFX assets are now pre-cached, preventing stutter when certain cards or moves occur.
Most of this improves moddability, extensibility, and future-proofing various functions and objects within the game.
- Confusion and Corruption cards utilize improved hooks.
- Improved lifesteal logic for Reaper and Shelled Parasite.
- Refactored Hologram card to not have to verify number of cards in the card itself.
- Specimen relic now uses the same code as other relics for applying its effect.
- Unhardcoded various cards, relics, and enemies.
- Fixed card and relics unlocking earlier than they're supposed to.
- All-Out Attack, Madness, and Reboot cards no longer affect Card Rewards when used (rng issue).
- Astrolabe relic now works even if your deck contains 3 cards or less.
- Back button is now hidden in Save Slots screen if all saves are deleted.
- Blank The Evil's bug fix for Card Reward screen non-skip issue.
- Bottled Cards upgraded from Mind Bloom event have their description updated correctly.
- Can no longer accidentally bring up the rename screen with controller when navigating through Settings.
- Changed Input settings are now correctly retained when changing save slots.
- Darkstone Periapt relic now works with Hoarder mod.
- Empty Cage relic now works with 1 or less valid cards in your deck.
- Envenom's Poison is now applied immediately after the damage occurs.
- Fix for Cost X cards utilizing extra energy when playing quickly.
- Fix for crash when pressing RIGHT using controller when viewing 5 cards in grid card select screen.
- Fix for Map and View Deck top panel buttons sometimes skipping card rewards.
- Fix for part of the map UI remaining on the screen after hitting Return in certain circumstances.
- Fix for thank you message in credits displaying prematurely.
- Fixed Automaton's orbs preventing scaling of Genetic Algorithm and Ritual Dagger.
- Fixed Bag of Preparation not drawing cards affected by Confusion power.
- Fixed bug where a certain set of actions could disable tips for a card for the rest of combat.
- Fixed bug where deleting a save slot would generate dummy files in a ghost slot.
- Fixed bug where dialog bubbles moved faster if higher resolution.
- Fixed bug where Exhaust Pile can be viewed using controller even if it's empty.
- Fixed bug where screenshake and SFX were played when navigating to locked character select option via controller.
- Fixed card tips that remained on screen when you died.
- Fixed certain Status and Curses triggering their end of turn effects by playing them normally with Medical Kit or Blue Candle under specific circumstances.
- Fixed crash when attempting to hover view upgrade in Card Library using controller.
- Fixed crash when highlighting mods in top panel using controller.
- Fixed crash when navigating left on controller when colorless cards are sold out.
- Fixed crash when opening deck view if you have 0 cards (e.g. when you start a run with the Draft modifier)
- Fixed crash when pressing down on controller on 3rd option at Rest Site if you have 4 options.
- Fixed crash when pressing right on controller in Run History with 0 runs.
- Fixed damage and block values showing green increased values when the end value was the same.
- Fixed enemies not applying powers if they died in the process (e.g. Thorns).
- Fixed enemy order issues in Slime Boss, Gremlin Leader, and Reptomancer encounters.
- Fixed Enlightenment+ not reducing cost of cards with 1 or 0 cost for turn.
- Fixed errors with moving around relic compendium screen with a controller for Event relics.
- Fixed exploit of playing Normality while already having played 3+ cards.
- Fixed Fission+ evoking Orbs in reverse order.
- Fixed non-Steam platforms showing 0 total damage dealt on the victory screen.
- Fixed inability to inspect relics when Shopscreen is open via controller.
- Fixed incorrect scaling on draw and discard piles making them very large on high resolution.
- Fixed Invincible power with interactions such as The Boot and Block.
- Fixed issue where ending turn with Retain while hovering the player could make the leftmost card act strangely via controller.
- Fixed issue if cards are queued and turn is ended after an enemy dies, Nilry's Codex can open and cause issues.
- Fixed issue where map can be opened during room transitions, cancelling certain functionality.
- Fixed issue where moving cursor to bottom of window would cause cards in hands to bounce indefinitely.
- Fixed issue where Rest Site option text wasn't placed correctly (scaling).
- Fixed issue where tips weren't appearing correctly in single relic popup view.
- Fixed issue where up/down on controller in potion drink/discard also navigated to monsters/cards during combat.
- Fixed issue where you briefly see the map when you start a run due to its default transparency.
- Fixed lingering campfire sounds from rest sites.
- Fixed Machine Learning card affecting hand size even when negated.
- Fixed Meal Ticket not working on Shops from ? rooms.
- Fixed Nemesis gaining Intangible too early and messing up damage from Thorns.
- Fixed Normality card not stopping cards affected by Setup and Forethought.
- Fixed Regret causing less HP loss than normal if other cards played themselves first.
- Fixed Reptomancer not triggering some important logic after death.
- Fixed Rip and Tear, Sword Boomerang, and Thunder Strike continuing its hits over Thorns and Shifting powers.
- Fixed Second Wind doing its effects in reverse and only gaining one instance of block.
- Fixed slash attack VFX used by some enemies being the wrong size in high resolutions.
- Fixed Spit Web move's VFX appearing from wrong spot in high resolutions.
- Fixed the opening of Input Settings allowing skipping of unskippable screens and potentially getting to an unplayable state.
- Fixed the seedSet flag not resetting, preventing Achievements from unlocking in subsequent runs before game is reloaded.
- Fixed Wrist Blade not affecting Sword Boomerang, Rip and Tear, and Thunder Strike.
- Game and Input Settings panels are now taller so the input rows stay within the panel.
- Improved precision of volume sliders with a controller so that values can be set precisely back to 50%.
- Knowing Skull event can no longer give you a potion if you have the Sozu relic.
- Leaderboard filters labels are now displayed for the options selected when opening the screen.
- Library event can no longer contain duplicate cards.
- Neow's Lament relic now grays out when it is used up.
- No longer possible to interact with the map with a controller while single card view screen is open.
- Relic Collection menu no longer scrolls erratically in some cases when using controller.
- Removed note about Leaderboards being reset weekly as Early Access is over.
- Reptomancer no longer creates daggers with more HP than intended.
- Reset To Defaults option in Option Menu now resets all controller mappings properly.
- Run History screen's cards and floor nodes can navigated easier with controllers.
- Shop and Boss BGM now correctly mutes when game is minimized with the Mute While in BG option on.
- Slider in the Character Stats menu no longer gets stuck before reaching the bottom with a controller.
- Torch particles in Exordium now rise at the same speed on all resolutions.
- Twitch plugin now works if language isn't English and system encoding isn't set to UTF-8.
- Various card selection effects that don't update RNG are now seeded.
- When a dropdown menu is open in RunHistory screen, the controller up/down no longer affects selection outside the dropdown menu.
- WobblyLine VFX used in Snecko's glare is now larger and scales correctly with resolution.
Thai and Turkish languages are now available. Big thanks to our community translators :D. New languages and localization improvements, hooray!
- Portuguese Brazilian was out-of-date so it has been removed from main branch.
- JPN translation overhaul by Kakehashi Games.
- JPN and THA now have translated Merchant Shop images.
- THA fonts updated.
- Updated credits for JPN, POL, THA, and TUR.
- Added logic to disallow periods to cause line breaks in Asian languages.
- Rewrote how Asian languages are rendered, fixing several formatting issues.
- Asian languages now utilize lineSpacing variable in renderSmartText.
- Asian languages no longer have A~Z sorting filters in Card Library screen.
- JPN renders card descriptions from left to right.
- Rest Site options' rest option info text now uses localized period character.
- Run History and Daily Screens now use YEAR/MONTH/DAY by default for dates except in English.
- Run History date format in JPN utilizes localized AM/PM.
Note: Asian languages referred to in these patch notes refer to Japanese, Chinese (Simplified), and Chinese (Traditional) which utilize a separate way of rendering text.
There's also some additional features taken from the beta branch such as performance optimizations, bigger text mode, and the settings screen getting a cleanup for consoles (easier to tap via touchscreen).
1.03 (24 September 2019)
- Online leaderboards are now enabled!
- BUGFIX: Fix for controller inputs not always registering.
Source: Reddit post
1.02 (9 August 2019)
- Fixed Lock-On bug.
- Fixed crash when starting a new run after the player had played the game for many runs.
- Fixed double rest site issue.
- Fixed Ascension text not being placed properly.
- Fixed gameplay pause for Lagavulin and Hexaghost.
- Fixed issue where some data would be copied to new save slot.
- Fixed issue where the first save slot would load incorrectly in some cases.
- Fixed preferences not saving when changed during a run.
Source: Reddit post
1.01 (20 June 2019)
- Fixed game crash on startup.
- Fixed crash when entering a new Act.
- Fixed crash when defeating or losing to a boss.
- Fixed issue where save file could become corrupt while saving.
- Reduced memory usage and memory leaks. Fixing several crashes.
- Fixed crash when certain text was displayed.
- Fixed crash at Rest Sites when you had a certain number of options.
- Fixed crash when opening Run History screen in Asian languages.
- Improved boot up times.
- Fixed crash when viewing empty deck.
- Fixed character voice having the incorrect pitch.
- Fixed issue where speech bubble text wasn't animated smoothly.
- Fixed several animations that weren't animated smoothly.
- Fixed ghost map screen bug when screens were opened/dismissed in a certain order.
- Fixed touchscreen support for dropdown menus.
- Fixed some cards showing the incorrect portraits.
- Credits updated for publishing, porting, and localization teams.
Source: Reddit post