Son of a Witch (Europe) (Switch) patch notes
4.1.0 (12 April 2019)
- Heroes get HP increase when they die in RPG mode. Looking at players playing on Twitch, I discovered that players do have enough damage in RPG mode, but being able to survive long enough posed a challenge. So this change balances that out.
- Vampire Slayer NPC, Alchemist's Golem, Skeleton Ranger NPC and Baby Yeti Familiar would try to attack enemies in a different room if you escaped a room before the battle is over, for example by using a bomb, teleport scroll, silver coin or escape scroll. This is now fixed and they retarget to enemies in the current room where the leading hero is.
- Concealed characters (Rogue and heroes using Rogue Sword) are now visible during cut-scenes.
- Alchemist can summon Golem to fight other players in PvP game.
- Earthquake staff magic knocks down other players in PvP game.
- Updated French and Russian translation.
Source: Steam post
4.0.7 (5 April 2019)
- Added custom seed picker.
- New RPG game mode where you keep all gear and restart the current level when you die.
- New Endless Arena mode where you fight waves of enemies.
- New hero: Paladin, who has divine shield and does double damage to undead.
- New hero: Alchemist, who has a Golem companion, and prepares potions.
- 8 pets with new effects: Crocodile, Mouse, Bee, Monkey, Whale, Cow, Ladybug, Cat.
- 3 new random potion effects: Cold blood, Veteran Elixir, Astral Projection.
- 6 new special effect items: Ghost orb, Critic's Shield, Paladin Shield, Alchemist's Visor, Halo, Ancient Voodoo Doll.
- 10 new weapons: General Sword, Cripling Katana, Executioner's Sword, Dark Slayer, Splitting Axe, Paladin Sword, Alchemist Sword, King Cobra Staff, Snow Tiger's Paw, Steady Shot Bow.
- 2 new allied troop summons: Baby Yeti, Stone Golem.
- Added a new blocked challenge room in the forest.
- Added a new challenge room with baby dragons.
- Added a new challenge room in the ice level (it's a surprise).
- Added a quest room in the ice level to unlock the Alchemist hero.
- Fixed Rogue sneak attack for mana based melee weapons (Earthquake staff, King's Scepter).
- Updated French, Russian and Ukrainian translations.
- Bosses always drop at least one weapon damage upgrade.
- Yellow runestones upgrade initial arrow flying speed for bows in regular game.
- Heroes who start with a bomb, now start with two bombs in the regular game.
- Archer and Rogue characters are always unlocked in Casual/Party mode.
- Rogues start the game with the dagger in Casual/Party and PvP modes.
- Updated Polish and Serbian translations.
- Fixed boss drops: always drop one runestone, 50% chance to drop two.
- To balance out, reduced runestone drops inside rocks (by 1 per level, so if level would usually have 5 runestones inside rocks, it now has 4).
- Allowed summoning mercenaries into boss fights (except the final boss).
- Removed slowdown effect from Heavy Boots.
- Retort no longer creates mana potions.
- Only one Retort shows for sale in shops.
- Removed poison immunity for the final boss.
- Significantly increased Poison Cloud spell damage.
- Poison Cloud effect scales with enemy size.
- Improved AI for Snail, Ram and Snake pets.
- Using teleport staff twice returns you to the starting point.
- Fixed runestone drops in various barbarian challenges.
- Dialogue popup is no longer shown when empty (this could rarely happen with some NPCs).
- Ethereal bow now shoots through barrels and boxes.
- Dog pet doesn't take mercenary's beer in the tavern.
- Foundry doesn't melt mercenary's beer anynore.
- Thief and Ringleader don't jump on allies when confused.
- Fixed bug with item drops when Yeti Elder and Earth Golem roll.
- Fixed drawing position when Barbarian is mounted.
- Fixed rare sound effect bug with Yeti babies.
- Fixed position for some of the teleportation animations.
- Fixed text showing last level seed instead of control hint after player dies.