Son of a Witch (USA) (Switch) patch notes
4.1.0 (12 April 2019)
- Heroes get HP increase when they die in RPG mode. Looking at players playing on Twitch, I discovered that players do have enough damage in RPG mode, but being able to survive long enough posed a challenge. So this change balances that out.
- Fixed Rogue sneak attack for mana based melee weapons (Earthquake staff, King's Scepter).
- Vampire Slayer NPC, Alchemist's Golem, Skeleton Ranger NPC and Baby Yeti Familiar would try to attack enemies in a different room if you escaped a room before the battle is over, for example by using a bomb, teleport scroll, silver coin or escape scroll. This is now fixed and they retarget to enemies in the current room where the leading hero is.
- Concealed characters (Rogue and heroes using Rogue Sword) are now visible during cut-scenes.
- Alchemist can summon Golem to fight other players in PvP game.
- Earthquake staff magic knocks down other players in PvP game.
Source: Steam post
4.0.6 (5 April 2019)
- New RPG game mode where you keep all gear and restart the current level when you die.
- New Endless Arena mode where you fight waves of enemies.
- New hero: Paladin, who has divine shield and does double damage to undead.
- New hero: Alchemist, who has a Golem companion, and prepares potions.
- 8 pets with new effects: Crocodile, Mouse, Bee, Monkey, Whale, Cow, Ladybug, Cat.
- 3 new random potion effects: Cold blood, Veteran Elixir, Astral Projection.
- 6 new special effect items: Ghost orb, Critic's Shield, Paladin Shield, Alchemist's Visor, Halo, Ancient Voodoo Doll.
- 10 new weapons: General Sword, Cripling Katana, Executioner's Sword, Dark Slayer, Splitting Axe, Paladin Sword, Alchemist Sword, King Cobra Staff, Snow Tiger's Paw, Steady Shot Bow.
- 2 new allied troop summons: Baby Yeti, Stone Golem.
- Added a new blocked challenge room in the forest.
- Added a new challenge room with baby dragons.
- Added a new challenge room in the ice level (it's a surprise).
- Added a quest room in the ice level to unlock the Alchemist hero.
- Allowed summoning mercenaries into boss fights (except the final boss).
- Removed slowdown effect from Heavy Boots.
- Retort no longer creates mana potions.
- Only one Retort shows for sale in shops.
- Removed poison immunity for the final boss.
- Significantly increased Poison Cloud spell damage.
- Poison Cloud effect scales with enemy size.
- Improved AI for Snail, Ram and Snake pets.
- Using teleport staff twice returns you to the starting point.
- Fixed runestone drops in various barbarian challenges.
- Ethereal bow now shoots through barrels and boxes.
- Dog pet doesn't take mercenary's beer in the tavern.
- Foundry doesn't melt mercenary's beer anynore.
- Thief and Ringleader don't jump on allies when confused.
- Fixed bug with item drops when Yeti Elder and Earth Golem roll.
- Fixed drawing position when Barbarian is mounted.
- Fixed rare sound effect bug with Yeti babies.
- Fixed position for some of the teleportation animations.
- Fixed text showing last level seed instead of control hint after player dies.
Source: official website
3.8.1 (31 January 2019)
- Bosses always drop at least one weapon damage upgrade.
- Yellow runestones upgrade initial arrow flying speed for bows in regular game.
- Heroes who start with a bomb, now start with two bombs in the regular game.
- Archer and Rogue characters are always unlocked in Casual/Party mode.
- Rogues start the game with the dagger in Casual/Party and PvP modes.
- Fixed boss drops: always drop one runestone, 50% chance to drop two.
- To balance out, reduced runestone drops inside rocks (by 1 per level, so if level would usually have 5 runestones inside rocks, it now has 4).
- Added custom seed picker.
3.7.6 (22 December 2018)
- New hero class: Rogue. Special ability is to use the sneak attack as the special attack with any melee weapon. You can still use the weapon's regular rage attack if you use it in the off-hand slot. He also has a special item that can unlock any door (except boss room doors), so you can unlock treasure rooms and escape tough battles.
- New potion: Vampire blood (get HP from kills. Multiple potions stack)
- New potion: Pickpocket (earn extra gold until you get hit. Stacks)
- New potion: Confidence (deal extra damage when full HP. Stacks)
- Added a new combat item: Sticky bombs. You can plant these as traps. When an enemy walks into one, it activates.
- Added a new pet: Racoon, who randomly drops sticky bombs across the room.
- Added a new special room in the castle: the Gallery Room. This room is filled with enemy portraits and you can pick your favorite enemy to do double damage to them.
- Join the Vampire Slayer NPC in the catacombs and help her kill a vampiress or the vampire boss for reward.
- Dwarfs now sell stuff in the ice level.
- Dwarven Blacksmith shows up sometimes and gives you ability to smelt weapons into runestones which are used to upgrade other weapons.
- Mercenary NPC in the castle tavern gives you an item which can be used to hire mercenaries for fixed amount of gold. DON'T TOUCH HIS BEER!
- A Redhead Warrior NPC might challenge you for a duel on the battlements.
Tweaks and improvements
- Redhead Warriors in the desert now buff their swords before doing the petrify attack.
- Vampire Sword now gives HP while hitting enemies (instead of on-kill).
- Disabled invulnerability frames for revival in dungeon shops.
- Reviving in regular game now gives 41HP instead of 61HP.
- Celestial Hammer rage attack now strikes all enemies in the room.
- Darkness, Confidence, Money is Power, Mega Boost effects scale the skill percentage instead of adding to it. For example, if you have 50% melee and 100% darkness, it results in 100% melee skill (not 150%).
- Minor fixes and tweaks to UI.
- Dialogue popup is no longer shown when empty (this could rarely happen with some NPCs).